What Is Philosophy?
Philosophy means comprehensive thought about human being and the world. Its topics are life, the
universe and everything. It can include all the categories of religious, artistic, scientific,
mathematical and logical thought.
It’s Areas are-
- Some fundamental questions and it’s discussion like Theology,
Ontology, Metaphysics and Ethics etc.
- The Development of philosophical thought in western countries.
- Development of philosophical thought of various religions.
- Increase correct, accurate and appropriate logical sense and analytic ability.
- Various philosophical schools of Indian subcontinent.
- Philosophical development and discussion in our country.
Philosophy is one of the degrees awarded in the Faculty of Arts.
- A. Honours degree in philosophy is a four year program . There will be twenty three core courses
and five area courses of a total value of 120-credit consisting of 3000 marks. All the courses are
compulsory. Students are required to obtain at least D grade (40 to less than 45 marks) for an
Honours degree. A final examination will be held at the end of every year. There will be a tutorial
and an oral examination in every year.
Students willing to get admission into the M.A. final year program in Philosophy are required to
have B.A. (Hons.) or M.A. Preliminary degree in Philosophy. M.A. program has a duration of one
academic year. There are twenty one courses of which four courses will be offered from group A,
two courses will be offered from group B and one course each from group C and group D. The
Philosophy Department of the concerned College will select the courses considering the strength
and availability of teachers.
Our graduates contribute their Knowledge and ability in every Govt. and Non-Govt. organizations
according there demand. A Large number of our graduates involve in educational institutions and others
contribute various profession. Above all philosophy creates a human being who is logical and honest.